As many of you know, I’ve been making a lot of changes to my health this year in an effort to reach a personal goal of mine before my next birthday (in 2014). So much of my health and body composition has changed, and I often get asked about what I’m doing so I thought I’d take a moment to share.
While I think a huge portion of my lifestyle change has A LOT to do with having an awesome husband, being a happy homemaker, and living in Australia, it still always boils down to me as an individual and the choices I need to make for myself every. single. day.
So folks, here’s a few of the habits I’ve picked up that I think have contributed to my change for the better…
- Switched from cow’s milk to rice milk
- Take vitamins with my dinner every day
- Remove toxic people from my life
- Lift weights at least 3x a week / high intensity cardio 3x a week
- Eat a massive salad for at least one of my meals every day
- Check my heart rate at least once a week
- Drink lemon water
- Prepare/cook meals at home at least 5 out of the 7 days
- Snack on nuts or berries with natural yoghurt and honey
- Track my daily food intake and workouts on a calendar
- Switched from jasmine rice to basmati rice
- Switched to gluten free pasta
- Spend at least 1 hour outside in the daylight
- Use coconut oil to treat my skin and hair
- Take weekly body measurements with a tape measure
- Read and research, then do some more
- And finally, get some good shut-eye!