Let’s be honest, I can’t quite call myself an Aussie if I don’t at least experience some truly Australian things in my lifetime here. So as I continue settling into this new country of mine, I hope to eventually cross off all of the things on the list below (in no particular order):
Gain a better understanding of Australian English and Aussie slang. Watch a live footy match (see photo above). Eat a meat pie with tomato sauce. Eat chicken schnitzel with a beer at the pub. Attend a memorial service on Anzac Day. Eat pavlova. Go to an Easter Show.
- Go to Bathurst 1000.
Travel to the Blue Mountains.
- Visit Uluru.
Eat seafood and go swimming on Christmas Day.
- Watch all of the Top 10 Australian Movies.
- Attend the Australian Open.
Ride the ferry to Manly Beach. Hang out at Bondi Beach. Watch the live NYE fireworks show in the Sydney Harbour. Watch a concert/show at the Sydney Opera House. Luna Park.
- Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef.
Ride the trams in Melbourne.
- Visit the National Gallery and Library in Canberra.
- Take a photo in front of the Big Banana in Coffs Harbour.
Buy/own a barbecue grill. Visit Port Macquarie for a holiday.
- Visit the Gold Coast.
- Go to Perisher or Thredbo for the winter/snow season.
- Do a wine tasting tour in the Hunter Valley.
- Visit Byron Bay.
Sunbake on the beach topless.
- Visit Tasmania (and take the piss out of it later).
- Visit Hamilton Island for a holiday.
- Visit New Zealand and do the Hobbiton Tour.
Drive on The Great Ocean Road and visit the Twelve Apostles in Victoria.